S150 THX Miller & Kreisel® Monitor
Shipping is always free from M&K. Orders received by 3:00pm PST will ship the same day. All other orders ship within 1 business day. Shipping time depends on your location, but usually takes around 2-5 days. Tracking numbers are sent automatically when product leaves the building. M&K requires a signature for all shipments, so keep that in mind when providing your "ship to" address.
If there are any problems with your shipment, please contact customer service right away.
This is THE loudspeaker that helped shape Home Theater (and music recording) into what it is today...the legendary and accredited S-150.The first true update to the classic M&K S150 speaker, the new Miller & Kreisel S150 redefines sound quality and performance. The S150 is still the speaker to beat when it comes to reference monitors for professional cinema sound design or stereo recording. The new Miller & Kreisel S150 builds upon that impressive legacy by updating the design with new acoustic technology refinements.
THE NEXT LEVEL
What this updated version of the legendary studio monitor does in the conveyance of exactly what is there in the recorded source, no more and no less, is difficult to formulate in just a few words. Essentially, it does pretty much nothing, except open up a wide, clean, clear window on every aspect of recorded sound, allowing you to shift your personal focus as you choose between specific details, instruments or voices, while never losing sight of the totality of the overall musical experience.
With no additive or subtractive effects, it maintains the full integrity of the source, making it possible to listen with uncanny precision into the recorded event, to experience the intricate interplay of performers, the subtle tonal shadings and timbral nuances that bring you to the emotional core of the performance.
Questions of greater suitability for music or movies or for specific genres fall away, as these speakers simply lay out the unveiled, uncolored truth of any source with a scintillating realism and naturalness Extraordinary dynamic capabilities, effortless presentation of complex rhythms, linear frequency response and temporal integrity make the Miller & Kreisel® S150 THX Ultra2 a true joy to listen to for serious sessions or just for pure pleasure.
Built on the S300
- Created using the technologies, innovations and learnings from the newly redesigned S300.
- Selected components derived from 300 series.
New Danish-designed high-performance tweeters
- 28 mm vented voice coils provide high power handling and extended linearity
- 28 mm high-precision coated soft dome.
- One-piece heavy duty cast aluminum Triple Tweeter Array plate.
- Specially constructed resonance-damped tweeter magnet-system for precise transient control.
- Integrated waveguide combined with short horn load for wide dispersion and smooth frequency response
New 5.25-inch woofers
- Aluminum distortion-killer rings for reduced distortion at high SPL levels
- New extra-stiff coated fiberglass cone with special M&K profile geometry.
- Vented pole piece in magnet system for low compression performance.
- Vented voice coil for low compression.
New optimized crossovers
- Phase-focused crossover designs optimized for low crossover points and transient control
- New proprietary M&K Sound interconnect cables
Frequency Response: 75 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 3dB
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Power Handling: 25-500 Watts RMS
Sensitivity: 92 dB
Dimensions (HxWxD): 12.5 x 10.4 x 12.2 in
Weight: 25.4 lbs